found a lump
bozdle
2006-04-13 09:06:54 UTC
Please help.
I'm female, and found a lump in my breast.
I'm turning 40 in a few months.
I have a job, but I'm living from check to check..and no insurance.
I live in Las Vegas, Nevada.
I just spent two hours searching the web for a free check-up and free
services, but went around in circles.
Earlier I spent two hours on the phone, beginning with the American Cancer
Society site..same result.
I have a car.can go anywhere in the area.
I'm terrified...don't want to spend the next several days
searching..desperate for an appointment now.
Has anyone been through this?
Anyone know where I can start?

Thank you
SK
2006-04-13 17:01:18 UTC
"Bozdle"

I just did a search on "Las Vegas breast cancer" and came up with the
Susan G. Komen Foundation which has an affiliate in Las Vegas. Why not give
them a call or check their web site? I'll bet they could help. Here's what
I copied off their web site:

More Information
For more information on breast health or breast cancer, please call the
Komen Foundation's National Toll-Free Helpline 1.800.I'M AWARE® or visit the
web site http://www.komenlasvegas.com/www.komen.org.w.komen.org.komen.org.

S.K.
bozdle
S.K.
Barb C
2006-04-14 03:29:54 UTC
Post by bozdle
Please help.
I'm female, and found a lump in my breast.
I'm turning 40 in a few months.
I have a job, but I'm living from check to check..and no insurance.
I live in Las Vegas, Nevada.
I just spent two hours searching the web for a free check-up and free
services, but went around in circles.
Earlier I spent two hours on the phone, beginning with the American Cancer
Society site..same result.
I have a car.can go anywhere in the area.
I'm terrified...don't want to spend the next several days
searching..desperate for an appointment now.
Has anyone been through this?
Anyone know where I can start?
Thank you
Hi:
What he (she) said!!! Just know that you have come to a great place for
support. I would also suggest http://www.breastcancer.org/ as a great
resource===support forume are great!!!
bozdle
Rafael Barron
2006-04-14 08:52:13 UTC
Post by bozdle
Please help.
I'm female, and found a lump in my breast.
I'm turning 40 in a few months.
I have a job, but I'm living from check to check..and no insurance.
I live in Las Vegas, Nevada.
I just spent two hours searching the web for a free check-up and free
services, but went around in circles.
Earlier I spent two hours on the phone, beginning with the American Cancer
Society site..same result.
I have a car.can go anywhere in the area.
I'm terrified...don't want to spend the next several days
searching..desperate for an appointment now.
Has anyone been through this?
Anyone know where I can start?
Thank you
Hi there!

You probably have to know the National Cancer Institute website. Take a
look there, it could be helpful:

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/understandingcancer/immunesystem
bozdle
jb
2008-10-14 21:44:00 UTC
I don't know if you're email is work-based, or private, so I edited my =
reply.

I'm in North Carolina, but I found this link:

http://www.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org/uumsp/provider.htm

I called Access Health at (702) 430-3580 and pressed "0" and spoke to =
someone. They said:

Call them up and let them know what's going on.

They act as a referral center for uninsured and underinsured people.

Get over to one of the Nevada Health Center's clinic (see website =
above), you want to see an OB/GYN, but I don't know if clinics listed =
besides the MLK clinic have a no-one-turned-away-for-inability-to-pay. =
They have an OB/GYN center also. =20

http://www.nvrhc.org/index.html

The OB/GYN can fax a referral over to Access Health or may direct you to =
another care provider. The woman on the phone mentioned if you have =
c______ to go to the UMC emergency room and then get referred over to =
the Lied C_____ Study. Lied is the name of some center within UMC.

I don't know if the NHC is the name of the public health system within =
Nevada, it might be.

I hope that helps and doesn't send you in circles. My cousin and a =
friend are both moving through c_____ right now. They really like Crazy =
Sexy C_____ and Love, Medicine and Miracles, they are both books. But =
one step at a time.

jb